Fresh, clean, yummy lemon. There is good reason we have used it to clean our homes for many moons. The delightful citrusy aroma of lemon nourishes the mind and purifies surfaces. All citrus oils make you happy, and I need more of that when I am cleaning. I need more happy while I’m scrubbing the toothpaste off of the mirror. How does that get there anyway????
Lemon also helps with concentration (another thing I need more of in my life). Lemon restores energy, mental flexibility and the drive to complete a project. If you diffuse it with rosemary or frankincense during study time, everybody will be more focused and happier. Lemon is a wonderful aid for kids who struggle to stay on task. It helps us to be mentally present to one task at a time. Multi-tasking is not actually efficient in getting more accomplished – no matter what you have been told by your boss. Do one thing, do it well, get it done and move on.
Here are my top 10 uses for pure, therapeutic grade lemon oil:
- Diffuse with other citrus oils or peppermint to boost mood
- Diffuse with rosemary and/or frankincense to aid in concentration
- Drink (only therapeutic grade, GRAS) in water daily to gently detox
- Rub over liver and drink lemon oil after drinking alcoholic beverages
- Use with peppermint and lavender to assist with seasonal discomfort
- Add 2 – 3 drops to pasta or any favorite recipe that calls for fresh lemon (therapeutic grade only for internal use)
- Add several drops to olive oil to polish wood
- Drop several drops onto a clean cloth and polish stainless steel
- Apply topically over heart and on big toe to reduce feelings of sadness and to boost self esteem
- Gargle 2 – 3 drops of lemon with about 4 oz of water to sooth an irritated throat
- Add a drop or two to honey to soothe an irritated throat and to support the respiratory system
Interested in getting some oils? Email me at heatherswint @ yahoo.com or find me on Facebook. I look forward to teaching you more about how oils can help you and your family.