Last Friday night we had a great nutrition seminar at Soul Shine. Melanie from Operation Boot Camp came and gave us a 2 hour run down on what to eat, how often and when to eat it. Very, very informative. LOVED IT. Here are the highlights:
- Carry a cooler with you, this will help you avoid drive through fast “edible food like substances”
- If it does not rot, spoil or die – don’t eat it
- Protein to carb ratio should be around 1 to 3 if you can get 1 to 1 that is great
- Wake up, drink water, work out – drink more water, wait 30 minutes or so…then eat and drink more water. Yes, you can still have your coffee
- Food is our friend, not our enemy
- Eat smaller meals/snacks every 2 – 4 hours. DO NOT put your body into starvation mode by not eating all day and then pigging out at dinner – that makes your body think that you are starving and it holds onto the fat for security
- Drink LOTS AND LOTS of water. If you drink sodas all the time, drink sparkling water and add mint or pure pomegranate juice – get creative!
- Stay on the outside aisles of the grocery store – the stuff in the middle most likely is an “edible food like substance”
- High fructose corn syrup turns off your ability to recognize that you are full and triggers you to eat more
- YOU ARE WORTH IT
My favorite quote from the evening: “What IS a cheeto anyway?”
So, this theory does fit in with my lifestyle and the yeast free cleanse I have been doing for the past few weeks. Right now, the full cleanse is too much for me to do but I am eating clean – no junk and I feel better for it. How do you “eat clean”, what is your favorite healthy food?